GDSI RMA Policy
1) GDSI is committed to delivering only acceptable parts. To gain the maximum information from parts deemed to be defective by our customers, we encourage the timely request for a Returned Material Authorization, and return of parts for analysis. If rejected parts are received by GDSI within 90 days, GDSI reserves the right to repair, rework and replace the rejected parts. If returned parts are credited, full and partial credit will be limited to the following schedule. There is a one year limit on returns. Time elapsed is determined from the date the parts arrive on the customer's dock, to the dock date that GDSI receives the returned parts.
a. 0 - 90 days, 100% credit
b. 91 - 180 days, 75%
c. 181 - 360 days, 50%
d. 361+ days, no credit
2) For credit, parts must be returned to GDSI in the same condition as received, in the same or similar packaging in which it was received. GDSI won't accept parts that have been damaged by handling or storage, or packaged incorrectly for return.
3) There will be no credit given without a previously established written mutual agreement on acceptability criteria. E-mail agreement is acceptable.
4) An RMA number must be requested. The RMA number must accompany the return shipment. Parts must be returned via UPS ground using GDSI's account number.
5) Defective parts must be received by GDSI within 15 business days of the issuance of the RMA number. After 15 business days, the RMA number expires and returned parts will not be accepted or credited.
6) Defective parts returned without an RMA will not be accepted or credited.
7) All returned parts must be in the same condition as received, and must have a visible GDSI date code label in its' original position.
8) The GDSI RMA form can be downloaded at www.gdsiswitches.com/?
9) Packaging guideline
a. Returned items must be packed properly and safely, preferably in the original packaging.
b. The RMA number should be clearly marked on the outside of each package.
c. GDSI is not responsible for any damage caused by improper packaging or damage occurring during transportation.
10) A description of the defect for each part is strongly recommended to maximize GDSI's ability to analyze the defect.
11) An engineering contact name and phone number and e-mail address is required to allow GDSI QA to ask questions concerning the defects and allow a complete analysis of the defect(s) exhibited.